This page contains some notes describing the work to fully complete outbound (RFC 5626) support on Kamailio. It is believed that the current Kamailio feature set is sufficient to provide separate Edge Proxy and Registrar servers supporting outbound.
Single-server (combined edge proxy and registrar)
- registrar module
- Update lookup() so that (in single-server mode) Path: header from location table is added as a Record-Route:. If parallel forking is in use each branch must have a different Record-Route: added. lookup() must also set $du based on the flow-token from the Record-Route: header it adds for that branch.
- tm module
- Update t_*_contacts() functions so they will work with the new lookup() behaviour in single-server mode.
- rr module
- Update loose_route() to cope with the double-RR that the new lookup() behaviour causes. The first Record-Route: added to a dialog forming request will have been added when the request arrived on the server and contains a flow-token pointing to the originator of the request. The second Record-Route: added is the one created by lookup() and contains a flow-token pointing to the destination of the branch.
- nathelper module
- Move nat_uac_test() to another module (perhaps siputils?) enabling Kamailio users to choose between the two different NAT traversal mechanisms cleanly by loading either the nathelper module or the outbound module.
Other work to be considered
- Within dialog flow fail-over
- Is this even possible?