The IRC devel meeting from yesterday set the main milestones for the next major release 3.1.0. With a pleasantly very stable outcome with 3.0.0, we could focus on adding new features, lot of them being already in GIT repository:
- Lua scripting support
- Interactive configuration file repository
- Generic tree-indexed caching system
- Message Queuing system for configuration file
- Geoip location system via config variables
- Registration to remote SIP servers for inbound calls
- Xlog extensions to print location – line and file – of message
- and more – check at: http://sip-router.org/wiki/features/new-in-devel
Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul updated about his work with asynchronous TLS, to get in repository in 2-4 weeks. Also, there is work to a new module interface that will allow giving expressions as parameters to functions.
Details about the IRC meeting, with link to minutes at the end, at:
Time lime wise regarding next major version, Kamailio 3.1.0, we look to freeze after end of June with target release date in September.