We want to highlight another project that uses Kamailio, which together with FreeSwitch, is part of PyFreeBilling, an open source billing platform targeting VoIP wholesale. It is released under AGPLv3.
The project sources are hosted on Github at:
The project has its own website at:
While not tried yet here, the screenshots show a modern design and the list of features is quite impressive — next is an excerpt taken from project’s docs:
- Customer add/modify/delete
- IP termination
- SIP authentication
- Prepaid and/or postpaid
- Realtime billing
- Block calls on negative balance (prepaid) or balance under credit limit (postpaid)
- Block / allow negative margin calls
- Email alerts
- Daily balance email to customer
- Limit the maximum number of calls per customer and/or per gateway
- Multiple contexts
- Tons of media handling options
- Powerfull ratecard engine
- Provider add/modify/delete
- Powerful LCR engine
- Routing based on area code
- CLI Routing
- Routing decision based on quality, reliability, cost or load balancing (equal)
- Limit max channels by each provider gateway
- Extensive call and financial reporting screens (TBD)
- CDR export to CSV
- Customer panel
- Design for scalability
Definitely worth a try!
Enjoy! Thanks for flying Kamailio!
PS. Should you develop a project related to Kamailio or be aware of such project, do not hesitate to contact us, we are glad to publish articles about them!